The Rattlers’ Booster Club was formed in 1988 under the Alberta Societies Act through the initiative of Mike Havey. The initial intent of the Booster Club was to assist in the operation and support of the MHC Rattlers’ Athletic programs. Until 1998, the Booster Club continued to be operated by committed volunteer support of the members of the Department of Physical Education and Athletics at MHC. In 1998, with the club in a solid financial state, the MHC Rattlers’ Booster Club began to expand its membership to interested members in the community. Not surprisingly, the present members of the club are all alumni or members of the Athletic Department.
The MHC Rattlers Booster Club
- Is an organized group of people who feel that a sound athletic program is important to the educational growth of the students and the community.
- Is willing to contribute their energies in providing a “boost” to the athletic program.
- Functions to initiate projects to meet established and agreed upon needs.
- Supports the total athletic program (not just one sport).
- Develops public relations
- Develops relationships with community-based programs and organizations
- Works in cooperation with the MHC Foundation.
- Provided additional exhibition travel funds to each team.
- Provides $25,000 in additional scholarship dollars to student athletes
- Sponsors the Male & Female Athletes of the Year Awards
- Provide all Awards Night trophies and mementos
- Purchased secondary gymnasium score clock
- Purchased computerized gymnasium sound system
- Sponsorship for National Championships
- Purchased shooting machine for basketball
- Purchased the scorers’ table
- Purchased fairway mower for main soccer pitch
- Created the MHC Rattlers Scholarship Endowment Fund
|Past President||Jeff Hall|
|Vice President||Karen Bongaards|
|Members at large:||Peggy Kelly|
MHC Rattlers Booster Club would like to request your participation as a volunteer in support of the Rattlers Program. We are looking for new and innovative ideas and would like your participation. Please contact us for more information.